(Worthy News) – For the second time in less than a month, the mass immigration raids that President Donald Trump promised to carry out have failed to materialize.
In June, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was due to target thousands of people living in the U.S. without proper documentation in 10 major cities, including Baltimore, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, and New York—at Trump’s request. Trump proceeded to postpone the raids shortly before they were due to begin.
But last week it appeared as though the raids would finally happen, starting on Sunday. Trump told reporters on Friday that “it starts on Sunday,” and ICE would “take people out and they’re going to bring them back to their countries or they’re going to take criminals out, put them in prison, or put them in prison in the countries they came from.”
While Trump promised mass roundups, the weekend has come and gone with reports suggesting that raids were largely thwarted. ICE agents had been told to prepare for the weekend raids and then were reportedly never given nationwide orders. [ Source: Fortune (Read More…) ]